Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Holidays At the Homestead!!

Yippeee! Holidays at the Homestead Kicks of for early birds tomorrow 3 to 6! Then will officially be open Nov. 1 thru Dec 9th Thursday thru Sunday 10 a.m-4 p.m.
Can ya tell I'm just a little excited! What can I say, I am a dork! I love the smell, the antiques, the wonderful artists with thier unique arts and crafts on display. And I just love the old primitive house. It just seems to take you back to a simpler time. Here is a picture of the house. The City has placed a large potted Pine tree on the front porch for our Holiday show. Very cool little place, with lots of history. My kids swear it is haunted. Maybe, you can definantly feel an energy in the attic where the 5 children slept.
I will have to take a pic of the stove. Wow! I would love to live in this little house. It is smack dab in the middle of the city, BUT; there are many acres that have been preserved for this area, a little creek runs next to it and last year during a dusting of snow I was able to witness a large coyote stock and capture a bunny. Cool yet disturbing... The only problem is I have to admit, is there is NO bathroom, so when the need is pushing at you, you have to trek up a hill to another farm house that has facilities. Not bad unless it is snowing...

Well my crafty Gals, till next time keep your brushes clean your cameras ready for pics, for your next blogging adventure!

No comments: